Sunday, August 9, 2015

On the scaffold again

...but a shorter one this time.
I find myself these days dealing with a four-meter canvas, a baby brother to the eight-meter panels of a couple of years ago. This time around it is for the Papal Nunciature in Equatorial Guinea. The theme is a sort of cross between a Ressurection and an Ascension, with symbols of Christ as King and Judge, surrounded by multiple cherub figures. The composition is not mine, I was asked to follow one designed by another and agreed upon with the client, but I did modify the poses in some of the figures and the arrangement of the cherubs is completely mine.
The space I am working in is the old theater of the town near where I live and is now the property of the parish there and they were gracious enough to let me use the space which has a ceiling that can  accommodate the height of the stretcher.



And the initial design laid in with all the major elements...


Here are some selected progress shots...





And some close-up details...










...and so on...
I´ll have to get back to you on the finished product. I hope to do that soon...!







No comments:

Post a Comment