Friday, April 5, 2013

In spite of...


...the confusion that sometimes comes with the territory of "leading two lives", as I usually call it, I find the occasional few moments to come up with small studies for myself--a sort of counterpoint to huge, eight-meter panels--and these serve to remind me of my true calling and bring me back inside that bubble that I miss so much.

This is one of those studies. Like the previous one of the pears, I´ve tried here to make a portrait of these objects. I think every personal possession develops character with time, and a still life can actually turn into a "portrait" in the sense that one tries to "portray" the character within these seemingly mundane things. I don´t know if I´ve succeeded.



I´ve also been busy with a new (for me) venture: Illustrations for a children´s book written by my friend  and partner in crime, Mike McCarty. You can see a preview of this book and some of the illustrations by clicking on this link: http://www.theadventuresofalexthevegetariancoyote.com
Mike tells me that we are scheduled to go into print soon and it´s just a matter of time before the book hits the stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment