Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Twin

This is what greeted me today as I walked in the hangar-like structure where I am dealing with these monsters.
The panels are medium-density fiber boards and are joined horizontally in three different places, as is evident in the three seams running across the panel. These seams are fiber glass strips that I have applied onto the panels with rabbit-skin glue (my apologies to vegans and the like-minded) to help reinforce the joins.

I then proceeded to apply the first coat of primer which always takes a while since it is the layer that gets most absorbed by the naked surface of the panel. Then it gets kinda obvious at what point I started to run out of primer...(last 40cms or so at the bottom!)




Here are some detail shots of the first painting:












No comments:

Post a Comment